Fancy Feet

The last time I showed y'all our kitchen, it looked like this:
We had about 14 days until we left for Ethiopia, and we had just finished tiling and grouting the backsplash.  Well, we haven't done a ton since then, but we did recently add a finishing touch that makes a huge difference.  At least to me.

  Can you see what it is?
Look closer.  
With a few scraps of plywood, some screws, and a little paint, we added "feet" to our cabinets.  I think it makes a huge difference, but that might just be me :)  We've been planning this for a while (thus the unpainted toe kicks) and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  

We still have some minor details to finish, but I will eventually give y'all the complete tour with before and after shots!   

Edit: I got a lot of questions about the cabinet feet, so I thought I'd try to answer them here. 

First up, creating the cabinet feet - I sketched out the shape I wanted, cut it out of paper, and taped it to the cabinets to make sure I liked the shape.  Once I was happy with it, I gave it to Keith with height and width measurements for each cabinet, and he cut the feet from MDF using a jig saw.  I cleaned up my sketch a little and made it into a printable template for anyone who wants it.

Cabinet feet installation: Here's a photo of how we Keith installed them.
He made sure that they were roughly flush with the cabinet, and drilled straight down through the cabinet into the board and then screwed them in place.  It took him about 15 minutes to install all of the pieces.  The hardest part was working with the cabinet with drawers because of the cramped space.  For this, he used his right-angle drill.  {I'm not sure why he used screws in two different colors.}

Hope that helps! 
post signature